Saturday, June 12, 2010

Out of my mind...

School's out and I'm supposed to be relaxing on a beach somewhere, sipping on a margarita. At least that's what I have been told. It seems that I have a slight mental disorder that makes me think that I need to undertake two, only slightly related, projects instead of doing the said relaxing.

I am participating in the Southern Colorado Writing Project in Pueblo. This is one of the most enjoyably intense classes that I have done. Writing is not a comfort area for me. I am writing more every day than I probably did in a month. Even just a week in, I am ever so glad that I undertook this.

It just happened to be at the same time I'm working on a master's from Full Sail. Where the writing project is just a month of intensity, FS is month after month of the intensity.

One thing that I have noticed is that I am not just getting upset and throwing up my hands. Oh, don't get me wrong there is some major upset going on. But I have gotten much better and pinpointing the problem and working out a solution than I would have in the past.

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to play nice and don't make me get my teacher voice out.