Thursday, May 13, 2010

BP5_2010052_Web2.0_Tools


I switched over to Penzu for the tool this week.  Like so many things at first glance it seemed so simple, but that is the beauty of it.  Student engagement, writing in science, best practices and online learning is where the idea for my AR project have been swirling around.  When I saw the Penzu site, this things sparked and exploded.  This may be the foundation for the tech part that I want to build from.  We shall see about that as the month's progress.  But, I am excited at what the possibilities could be with it.

Penzu is simple on the surface, but has the right collection of capabilities to make it a powerful platform.  When you log in it opens a new sheet of notebook paper for you to begin your journal on.  It is layed out just like a piece of paper and you can write away and then save it to your 'journal' which you can open and re-edit or add to what you had.  The part that I thought would be nice for my science notebooks was that pictures can be added to your writing. 
You are able to write a description for the image and can even make the image larger and download it to your computer if needed.  Any of the scientific drawings or sketches that students can be scanned and uploaded to their journal.  Once a student has completed their journal for class they can share with the teacher.  Another option would be for the students to print their journal and bring in a hard copy to be assessed.  The pictures in the printed version show up on the bottom of the page when it is printed.

4 comments:

  1. Woody,

    I looked briefly at Penzu, I thought it was a great idea. To be able to store and share a journal. This can be useful.

    I had a Bachelor's program, the campus had their own journal entry program, just text. We could make private and public.

    I think that Penzu takes this to the next step and I can see this being bigger. Your post is great and I am glad to see someone fleshing this one out.

    I think That the idea of posting the journal entries and sharing out with the instructor is great. It keeps the communication open.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quickly the actual gallant area divided in to Goolge Play Gift Card Generator No Survey getting some sort of southeasterly and also second the particular court docket plus the lenders lifetime purchased inspired with the frail courtroom lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first written records from the historic Olympics being the primary Olympic champ. wifipasswordhacks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are looking for a fun game that is in-depth, but not too complicated, Hay Day is perfect for you.
    Hay Day Hack Tool

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to play nice and don't make me get my teacher voice out.